We have been on a roll lately learning with our Lego®. Just the other day we made an awesome printable Lego memory game for the whole family and today we made two really fun Valentines Day Lego activities. Today, I am excited to share our Lego marble maze for Valentines Day that the whole family will enjoy!
* This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. Click here for my full disclosure.
If you are a regular here, you know just how much our oldest son (Legoman) loves to build and engineer. Since he was two years old, the way to his heart was through a box of Lego®.
I have to admit, we have been in a bit of a slump in our homeschooling lately, but when I mentioned the idea of working with Lego®, both boys were all in. I didn’t have to beg, yell, or plead to get them to enjoy our learning today. In the past we have made plenty of marble mazes and even ones made out of Lego. However, we have never photographed it and shared it with you.
Today, I’d like to share how you can help guide your child in the engineering of a Lego Marble Maze for Valentines Day. It’s simple and loads of fun!
How to Make a DIY Lego Marble Maze
There are three basic steps to building a DIY Lego Marble Maze.
Step One: Create the outline of the heart. Leave a hole at the top and the bottom of the heart for the marble to escape. You can copy our pattern, or better yet, you can create your own.
Step Two: Using long Lego® pieces (such as 1x2s and 1×4), you will create paths for the marble to run through. You need to leave at least 2-3 rows between any wall. This is the part that might take some trial and error.
We actually made a really fun video of us playing with the maze, but we have to finalize it before we load it. Be sure to check back or save this post so you can come back and check it out!
Learning with Lego Manipulates Series
Do your kids love learning with Lego? If so, they will love all of the Lego® resources they will find with my fellow friends. With over 20 Lego® learning activities you can’t go wrong, there is something for all ages.
- LEGO Addition Mat for Greater Than/Less Than from Life Over C’s
- Duplo Lego Geoboard from Still Playing School
- Duplo Consonant Blends Activity from Learning 2 Walk
- Educational Playtime with Duplo – Sorting, Estimating and Building from Crafty Mama in ME
- LEGO DUPLO Sight Word Towers from Powerful Mothering
- Geometric Blueprints with LEGO from Handmade Kids Art
- Slippery Lego Duplo Fine Motor Practice from Best Toys 4 Toddlers
- Penguin Ice Cube Counting With LEGO from Preschool Powol Packets
- Word Building with LEGOS from Sugar Aunts
- Hands-on Science: Creating a Water Cycle Project using LEGO from Edventures with Kids
- Lego Tower Subtraction Race from The Kindergarten Connection
- Lego: 5 reasons you should use it with your kids from The Usual Mayhem
- Lego Heart Marble Maze from Lemon Lime Adventures
- Dumping Lego Colour Match Activity from Teach me Mommy
- Feed the Duplo Alien from Adventures of Adam
- How To Create A Duplo Block Painting from Raising Little Superheroes
- Letter Sequencing with Lego Duplo from School Time Snippets
- Lego ordering, days of the week from In The Playroom
- Dental Flossing with Duplo from Study at Home Mama
- LEGO Math Ten Frame Games from Lalymom
Don’t forget to use #toolsforlearning on Instagram to share your Lego® Learning.
More Adventures in Lego
PRE-ORDER THE SUPERKIDS ACTIVITY GUIDE TO
CONQUERING EVERY DAY
Exclusive bonuses and gifts to empower children, help you connect, and help you understand your child's behaviors!!
PRE-ORDER NOW TO RECEIVE THESE AMAZING BONUSES
ENDS AUGUST 15, 2017 (or while supplies last)