Thanksgiving is such a wonderful holiday, full of good intentions and traditions that encourage us to be thankful for the things we have. But what happens to Thanksgiving in December? Better yet, what happens to Thanksgiving all year long?
Earlier this year I posted about Thanksgiving, and mentioned how easy it is to forget Thanksgiving after December. After all, we are so tired from the hustle and bustle of the holidays. This year I set a personal goal to celebrate…
Thanksgiving All Year Long
The concept is simple.
In November, many people create Thanksgiving Trees, Gratitude Garland, Thankful Turkeys, and other reminders of what we are thankful for. All through pinterest you can find ideas for babies, children and even adults. I have included 4 of my favorites for you:
- A Big Thankful Tree by Preschool Powol Packets
- A Thanksgiving Tree by Senn & Sons
- Gratitude Leaf Garland by Sugar Aunts
- Thankful Turkey by Dirt and Boogers
Don’t get me wrong. I love these ideas and I found myself creating something similar for my kitchen table.
But why stop in November?
Why not make these things and celebrate Thanksgiving all year long?
I challenged myself to create a centerpiece each month that focuses on gratitude and the things we are thankful for. A visual reminder of the blessings we have in our lives.
I have made 4 simple steps to follow each month
1. Pick a symbol the represents the season or current month.
2. Make a list with the family of the people, things, places, etc. that we are grateful for.
3. Create a centerpiece using the list and symbols.
4. Post a picture of the centerpiece and the list each month.
Here is what we came up with for our 1st edition of Thanksgiving All Year Long.
Thanksgiving in December
What are we thankful for?
- Mom and Papa Bear
- Super B
- Mr. X and Ms. S(his fiance)
- Nonni and Nonno
- The Grand-Dude and D
- Mamu and Papu
- Gigi and Grandpa B
- Dana and Brett (Legoman’s Therapists)
- Dr. Shalow and Dr. Fedelli (Legoman’s Chiropractor)
- Our house
- Our furniture (Bones’ addition)
- Toys (papa bear’s addition)
The list is in no particular order, except that the first 5 were given to me by the children in that order.
What are you thankful for this month? Do you want to celebrate Thanksgiving all year long? I would love to hear!