Nothing says creativity and imagination like a good building project. From blocks to rocks, from rockets to robots, from building skyscrapers to houses… the sky is the limit. It is no secret that we love Lego, Engineering and Building around here. Who wouldn’t, when building is the perfect way to encourage creativity and imagination in kids? That’s why I can’t wait to share these totally awesome building projects for kids.
* This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. Click here for my full disclosure.
Building projects are the perfect way to encourage creativity, boost confidence and practice skills in other areas such as math, science, language arts, and even social studies. Today I want to share some of our absolute favorite projects for building with kids!
Totally Awesome Building Projects for Kids
Science Building Projects for Kids
Building Structures with Candy Pumpkins
Building Structures with Candy Gum Drops
Building Structures with Candy Hearts
Building with Jelly Beans
DIY Rocket Building Station for Kids
Building with Straws
Building Igloos with Marshmallows
Building with Playdough
Math Building Projects for Kids
Valentine’s Day Polygon Shapes Building Activity
Patterned Multiplication Circles
Art Building Projects for Kids
Chocolate Building Challenge
Building and Stacking Rocks
Language Arts Building Projects for Kids
Playful Learning: Letter Formation
Social Studies Building Projects for Kids
Construction Truck Names
These ideas are a great starting point to inspire creativity and boost your child’s learning across the curriculum. However, I think I have a resource that is even better.
Up! 30+ Hands On, Inspiring, Learning Projects to Transform Your Construction Play
I am excited to share this new resource, Up! From blocks to rockets, that I had the honor to take part in. This book is everything for your block play. It will take your child’s play to the next level and encourage tons of hands on play!
Up! will take your child’s love of blocks and building, and take them far and wide across the curriculum.
With 30+ projects across math, literacy, science, art, and play, Up! shows you how to support passion-led, project-based, hands-on learning. It will help your child make connections, go deeper in their understanding, and encourage their questions and creativity.
But that is not all! It includes inspiring ideas for block play, mobiles, rockets, airplanes, parachutes, build challenges and more. And it comes with 100 printables.
The best part of all… all the activities in the book are FUN! Every activity has been tried, tested and approved by our children. The activities have been carefully chosen to offer a wide range of explorations, working across the curriculum to incorporate play, imagination, math, literacy, science, sensory and art.
The sky’s the limit when you’re learning with Up!
What you’ll get in this book
* 30+ hands-on projects that invite your child to explore all things Up!
* guidance on how to support your child’s interests, and how to help them expand their exploration and learning across the curriculum. This book is all about hands-on, project-based, passion-led learning.
* multi-sensory activities for children aged 4 to 10
* resources for parents and teachers, at home or in the classroom, with ideas for indoor and outdoor learning
* material lists, step-by-step instructions, and full color photographs of every activity
* suggestions for variations and extensions so you can adapt the activities to suit your child
* a wide range of learning activities including:
- Ideas to set up and develop block play
- Activities that use blocks for math lessons, with number games, measuring activities, and shape-building challenges
- Construction play invitations with sensory elements and imaginary play, to develop language, spelling, and storytelling, and to promote co-operation and collaboration
- Art projects on the theme of Up! including Caulder-inspired kinetic mobiles and upright weaving
- Prompts that encourage creative thinking and innovation: exploring the possibilities of rocks, ice, marshmallows, customizing blocks with new designs, and using huge cardboard boxes that can build structures bigger than you are
- Science projects that invite your child to think about all the other things that go Up! including homemade rockets, airplanes, parachutes, pulleys and constellations
… and 100 printable pages including shape challenge cards, build challenge cards, and a set of world architecture prints.
Buy it worldwide for instant download
This is an ebook, which means you will be sent a link that allows you to download a PDF containing the ebook and all the resources. You can save it to your computer or iPad* and then either read it on screen or print some/all of the pages, as you prefer.
You can buy the ebook wherever you are in the world. You pay via PayPal, which will take care of any currency conversion for you. The ebook costs US$ 14.99.
The Special Launch Price through 9/30 is 25% off which brings it to just $11.25.
*You can buy the ebook now, on any device, and then download it when you are ready. Depending on the apps you have installed and your operating system, you might be able to download the ebook on your mobile device. However if you have any doubts or problems, I recommend you use a computer to download the book and then share it to your mobile devices. You will be sent download instructions when your purchase the ebook.
The Up! ebook is published and sold by Cathy James at NurtureStore.co.uk. Please direct any customer service queries regarding purchases of the ebook to firstname.lastname@example.org or refer to the NurtureStore FAQ.
The Up! ebook is protected under copyright © 2016. All rights reserved.
2 thoughts on “30+ Totally Awesome Building Projects for Kids”
Pingback: Sensory Activities For The Aged | Best Activities for Seniors
Pingback: Lemon Lime Adventures - A blended family’s adventures in homeschooling, sensory processing, natural living & personal experiences.