I love using kids’ natural interests to help get them excited about new routines or healthy habits – like using cleansing sugar scrub recipes with essential oil benefits. This Calming Charizard Pokemon Sugar Scrub is perfect for the fire-y Pokemon fan who could use some help with cooling down!
* This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. Click here for my full disclosure.
Charizard has a fire-y personality, so I thought it was only fitting to make a calming sugar scrub to help soothe children after a particularly upsetting or eventful day.
This sugar scrub can be used in addition to the many calming routines and techniques we discuss elsewhere on the blog, such as:
- The Secrets to Calming Tantrums & Meltdowns
- Love Calm Down Jar with Printable Calming Affirmations
- Lego Calming Stress Ball
How to Make a Calming Charizard Pokemon Sugar Scrub
First, gather together your ingredients:
- 1 cup sugar
- 2-3 Tablespoons coconut oil
- Red, yellow, blue and green food dye
- 4 drops Lavender essential oil
- 4 drops Orange essential oil
- Small container or mason jar
Click here to read more about our favorite essential oils.
Mix together the sugar and oils until they resemble wet sand.
Add extra coconut oil as needed.
Divide the sugar into three small bowls and add your food dye to make the yellow, orange, and teal colors for Charizard:
- for the teal: 3 drops blue and 3 drops green
- for the orange: 2 drops red and 3 drops yellow
- for the yellow: 4 drops yellow
Layer the sugars in your container or mason jar to make a nice pattern representing the colors of Charizard.
To use, scoop a small amount into your hand and exfoliate skin with a bit of water.
Do you have a fire-y Pokemon lover who would enjoy this calming sugar scrub?
For more adventures in play: