Rainbows, rainbows, rainbows… everywhere. We are kinda in love with rainbows right now. From our flipping a rainbow experiment to our rainbow parfaits… we have been pretty crazy about rainbows. These super awesome and super simple rainbow cupcakes are no exception.
The other day my friend showed me these super adorable and super simple rainbow cupcakes. I was so excited when I saw them that I knew I had to share with you.
If you are anything like me, you are short on time but still like to add a little fun in your day for your kids. These are the perfect recipe. Nothing fancy. Nothing complicated… just pure fun! They are sure to put a smile on your day if you are having a rough day!
Super Simple Rainbow Cupcakes
What You Need for Your Rainbow Cupcakes:
Blue and white frosting
Piping Bag/ or knife
Rainbow Airheads Xtremes
Yellow cupcake liners
How to Make These Super Simple Rainbow Cupcakes
These rainbow cupcakes are so incredibly awesome and simple to make. I was so excited when my friend showed me just how easy it was!
1. Bake any kind of cupcakes (we just used a white boxed cake mix) and let cool.
2. Put a few drops of blue food coloring in the white frosting and mix in a bowl, making a light blue color like the sky.
3. Take a knife and spread the frosting evenly on top of the cupcakes.
4. Pipe two white frosting “clouds” on the cupcake and let dry for a minute or two. Take an airhead Xtreme rainbow strip and cut an inch off. Stick each end in the clouds and hold. You might even need a blow dryer on cool setting so the rainbow will set.
5. Put on a platter and enjoy!
I don’t know about you, but this just make me smile when I look at them. What a super fun little treat and super simple too! Do you have a favorite rainbow treat? I would love to hear all about it! Connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, or Instagram . I can’t wait to hear your ideas.
More Adventures in Simple Fun for Kids
3 thoughts on “Totally Awesome and Simple Rainbow Cupcakes”
Pingback: 21+ St Patrick's Day Crafts, Activities and Treats for Kids - Mommy's Bundle
Pingback: Delicious Rainbow Treats for Toddlers and Preschoolers
Pingback: Delicious Rainbow Recipes for Cooking with Toddlers and Preschoolers